American Togolese Community
Is an US based nonprofit and non-political organization. AMETOCO was created in 2007 by a group of Togo citizens with the burning desire to fill in the existing gap, first between Togolese themselves leaving abroad and second between them and the motherland Togo.
With the possibility of bringing together all Togolese living abroad especially those living in North America under one umbrella, in the pursuit of participating in the socio-economic and cultural development of Togo, the vision and mission statements of AMETOCO are spelled out as follows:
Drawing from the synergy of all the Togolese Diaspora, the vision of AMETOCO is that of strengthening the community as a dynamic organization, in a sustainable manner, by supporting its members, leading towards human development with dignity, equity and social justice.
As a single voice and information-clearing house for those who share common history, common interests and common needs, the mission of AMETOCO is to promote the socio–economic well-being of the Togolese wherever they live in United States of America and at home while uplifting the image of our motherland Togo.
Awaken before it’s too late
The vision, mission and goals of AMETOCO are guided by the following core values:
- Leadership: To inspire by encouraging initiatives that exceed expectations
- Integrity: To build reputation by providing open and transparent communication that creates informed opinion and impartial judgment.
- Empowerment: To provide means and avenues for independent thinking and decision-making
- Advocacy: To provide situational interventions in what we be believe in
- Justice: To encourage fairness and equity
The overall goal of AMETOCO is to promote the socio-economic and cultural development of the motherland Togo through the collective effort of the Togolese Diaspora living in United States of America.
The objectives of AMETOCO are extensively developed in our strategic planning document, and are centered around the following concepts:
- Strategic networking and information
- Research and development
- Capacity building and empowerment
- Socio-economic and culture development